Broken Arms Games
Based in Italy
DescriptionHundred Days / Tagline
A journey across the world to discover the hidden secrets of winemaking.Hundred Days / Description (short - “in a tweet”)
A hundred days is the lifespan of a vine leaf, silent witness of the ever repeating cycle of seasons and shifts in weather patterns. Join us on a winemaking adventure: grow your vineyard, learn how to manage a winery, produce your own wine and sell it!Hundred Days / Description (long)
It takes a hundred days for a vine leaf to complete its life cycle: from spring to autumn, the leaves thrive and provide the fundamental energy to grow the grapes. Hundred Days will put you in charge of managing a small and abandoned winery: from selecting the types of vine you want to grow, to naming your final product, every decision of the challenging business of winemaking will be in your hands. Take care of your vineyard, learn to follow the rhythm of the seasons, harvest, label your bottles and sell them on the market: every choice you make will have an impact on the quality and quantity of the wine you produce and sell. Increase the reputation of your company worldwide, expand your business and manage the tight schedule of your daily tasks. Each turn will represent a day in your new life: once your business is up and running, attention to details will be key to succeeding in your endeavours. In fact, as opposed to classical tycoon games, in Hundred Days you’ll make progress by constantly improving every aspect of your venture, honing your skills to perfection and meticulously planning the required activities: rather than mechanising the production, care and craftsmanship will be your guiding pillars. This is a winemaking simulator that will make you aware of the struggles endured by real-life winemakers, while rewarding you with the pleasures and secrets of a millenary tradition.
Hundred Days is a game about winemaking that involves balancing resources and managing time. However, even before considering it as a business, making wine must be understood as a complex art. To be a successful winemaker, you’ll need to get a grasp of chemistry, live by a strict routine, have a bit of luck, and infuse your craft with a lot of passion. In 1990 Yves Hohler, lead designer and co-founder of Broken Arms Games, moved with his family from Switzerland to Italy to pursue the path of winemaking. Even if at the time he was only a child, this decision has shaped his existence ever since: he attended and graduated from the Oenological High School Umberto I (in Alba, Italy) to become an expert in the field. At the moment, besides being a professional in the video game industry, he is still continuing the winemaking family business. Loosely built on Yves personal experience, the game’s narrative can be considered partially autobiographical: the player, in fact, will start their journey from an abandoned winery, and will consolidate the business day-by-day, learning from their mistakes. Broken Arms Games, as a studio, is based in the Italian region of Piedmont which is renowned for the production of world-famous wines such as Chardonnay, Nebbiolo and Barbera, just to name a few. The entire team is deeply connected with the cultural heritage of Piedmont (a winemaking region) and this makes the experience depicted in the game a truly realistic simulation. Hundred Days takes pride in offering the player a thorough experience: real data provided from local winemaking businesses have been used and implemented in the game, while even the in-game tools and machinery are modelled after the real ones.
- “LEARN all the secrets of the winemaking business” - Handle the winemaking process from start to finish: understand the importance of different yeasts and bacteria strains, experiment with fermentation and wine aging to enhance the characteristics of your product.
- “TAKE CARE of your vineyard” - Cultivate different types of vine, analyse the soil to understand what grapes will grow better, protect your vines from diseases, unexpected shifts in weather patterns, and learn what’s the best season to prune, fertilise, and harvest.
- “MANAGE your sales” - Tailor the characteristics of your wine to meet the needs of your customers, customise your bottles by choosing their shape and color, apply branding and marketing strategies to increase your reputation.
- “EXPERIMENT!” - Hundred Days will let you master cutting edge winemaking techniques and tools, while encouraging an artisanal approach: balance these two aspects to transform your business into a refined boutique label winery!
- “AN ADVENTURE FOR ALL” - Test your ability to manage the winemaking business: Hundred Days is a tycoon game with a narrative twist, offering three different game modes to suit most palates. From beginner to expert, this winemaking simulator will entertain you while improving your general understanding of this millenary tradition and its cultural relevance.
Behind the scenes YouTube
Behind the scenes - Episode 2 YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Selected by Leftfield Collection" EGX 2019, ExCel London
- "Hundred Days is a video game about making wine"
- Jordan Devore, Destructoid
- "Hundred Days makes the complex process of winemaking palatable"
- Emma Kent, Eurogamer
Hundred Days - Winemaking Simulator Steam Page
WISHLIST NOW! store.steampowered.com.
About Broken Arms Games
We develop videogames, it's easy ^^
More information on Broken Arms Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Hundred Days - Winemaking Simulator Credits
Business Developer, Broken Arms Games
Producer, Broken Arms Games
Lead Game Designer, Broken Arms Games
Lead Game Developer, Broken Arms Games
Senior 2D/3D Artist, Broken Arms Games (previous employee)
Junior 3D Artist, Broken Arms Games
Suzanne Dang, Sylvain Murat
Art Direction, Concept Artist, Freelancer
UI/UX Artist, Freelancer